Translate

Thursday 20 September 2012

Hola - Vintage Spanish Tapas

Yesterday I made some Alibondigas - Spanish meatballs in a rich Tomato sauce.

It is one of my favourite tapas dish, made with pork mince,beaten eggs and bread crumbs.Sealed in a frying pan then put in a stew pot in the oven on a low heat - the meat balls are covered in the tomato sauce.





I served it up with Spanish Croquetas de Pollo - Chicken Croquettes.

A new tapas that not I tried before.

Which consisted of a creamy mix of white sauce and minced cold chicken , shaped into small sausages, dipped in fresh bread crumbs and then deep fried in my new deep fat fryer - delicious.




To go with the tapas I made a large Tortilla with Choritzo - Spanish omelette with spicy sausage and onions.

The Choritzo could have been a bit more spicy, think I will buy a raw one next time.

Tortillas are both nice cold or hot - I think.





To complete our Vintage Spanish Tapas Meal  - I did a small green salad with tomatoes topped with hard boiled egg and dressing - served in a small terracotta dish - very Spanish.

To finish it off we had a bottle of Red Rioja Wine

OLE x

No comments:

Post a Comment