Translate

Wednesday 19 September 2012

Bottled and Bonnetted - My Home made Chutney


Finished bottling last night about nineish - washed bottles in dishwasher as it appears to be the most hygienic ,if not expensive way to sterilise the bottles.
This morning downloaded some free labels for the jars. Then cut out the bonnets in some red gingham fabric I found - couldn't use my pinking shears as they were blunt - well my aunt gave them to me so must be at least 50 years old - how do you sharpen pinking shears anyway?

Used the cellophane disc as a template for the bonnets but made mine about 1/4 inch bigger all the way around - sorry no idea about metric measurements. Recipes I always change back to lbs and ounces!

Put the bonnets on - here you could do with a third hand and then some garden string for that "Olde Worlde " look.
Hope you like the photo taken in my garden or back yard to some of you. x


No comments:

Post a Comment